Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weblog 5

I have been fortunate enough to have been able to use the internet for a number of things. I have had a computer for a while. I remember the first computer that my family bought. I used to take a computer class in elementary school, when i was pretty young. I remember learning how to use Microsoft Office, floppy disks, and other programs. I recently took a computer class in high school also which taught me a lot about computers and the internet. I am mostly a consumer of internet materials. I have never created much on the internet except on social media sites. I have never created my own website or anything like that. The internet is a great resource that I have had the privilege to use over and over again. It helps a great deal with school work, learning, and keeping in touch with people. I could not imagine living without internet access. This is a real thing though; there is a digital divide, and some people live with minimal access to the internet, while others have no access at all. This can lead to problems because more and more things are being done online from e-mails, to research, to finding jobs. The digital divide is a not only about internet access, but also about how well people are able to use it. For example, some people may have internet access, but have no idea how to use it efficiently. This is a problem that needs to be addressed in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment